Thomas Yee, M.D. Opioid Addiction Specialist & Addiction Medicine Physician
Thomas Yee, MD, is a triple board-certified physician specializing in opioid addiction treatment. Dr. Yee is the leading provider at Rapid Opioid Detox Clinic in Las Vegas, Nevada, and Newport Beach, California, and offers a number of safe and effective treatments for narcotics addiction.
Dr. Yee has been in practice for over 20 years. An expert anesthesiologist, certified by both the American Board of Anesthesiology and American Board of Pain Medicine, Dr. Yee has cared for over 24,000 patients undergoing a number of procedures, including open-heart surgery. His background in cardiac anesthesia and pain management led him to develop the rapid detox technique.
Dr. Yee has extensive experience safely administering anesthesia for long periods of time. Prior to his work in addiction treatment, Dr. Yee served as chief of cardiac anesthesia at the University of Nevada School of Medicine and has over 14 years of experience in pain management.
As an M.D. with 3 board certifications: American Board of Anesthesiology in 1994, American Board of Pain Medicine in 1997, and the American Board of Addiction Medicine in 2014, I developed the rapid opioid detox under general anesthesia procedure to help people quit the physical addiction to opioids in just 8 hours.
Since 2007, in the last 14 years, I have performed the procedure 672 times in the United States without any complication. This is a way to quickly make people quit the opioid addiction without going through the painful 10 days of physical withdrawal which usually accompanies the quitting process. 8 hours of general anesthesia instead of 10 days of painful withdrawal would make many opioid-addicted people motivated to quit the addiction.
- Board Certified by The American Board of Anesthesiology, The American Board of Pain Medicine, and The American Board of Addiction Medicine
- Medical Director of Rapid Detox Medical Clinic, 2007 to the present
- Successfully performed patent-pending Advanced Rapid Opiate Detox (AROD) procedure on 670 patients consecutively without complication, since 2007
- Websites: www.saferapiddetox.com
- Private Practice Attending Anesthesiologist at hospitals in Nevada and California from1993 to the present
- Provided anesthesia service in cardiac surgery, thoracic, vascular, ENT, obstetrics, orthopedic, pediatric, trauma, bariatric, spine, neuro, GI endoscopy, interventional radiology, and pain management.
- Clinical Assistant Professor, and Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, 1993- 2005, Chief of Cardiac Anesthesia, appointed by the Chief of Cardiac Surgery, at the University of Nevada School of Medicine, Southern Nevada Campus, at University Medical Center, Between 2003 and 2005,
- Provided anesthesia care to over 30,000 patients in last 28 years, including over 2000 open-heart surgeries.
Patents, Publications and Lectures
- US patent number 6669661 “Methods and Apparatus for Central Nervous System Protection”
- US patent pending on “Device and System for Achieving Central Nervous System Safe Rapid Cooling with Cerebral Oximetry and Nasopharyngeal Temperature Feed-Back Control with Activation of Diving Reflex”
- US patent pending on “Portable Ultra-Violet Light Large-Area Rapid Sanitizing Device for Hospitals and Public Space”
- US Patent pending on “Opiate Addiction Rapid Cessation Technique Using Prolonged Anesthesia, intravenous Naloxone and time-release depo injection of Naltrexone”
- “Measurement of Donor Incision Intra-Operative Closure Tension”, ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Montreal, 2008
- “Effect of Aging on Peripheral Nerve Conduction” Journal of Peripheral Nervous System 1999
- “Difficult Airway Management” Grand Round, University of Nevada School of Medicine 1994, 1996
- “Differential Nerve Block in Young and Aged Rats” Western Anesthesia Conference 1993
- Various articles published on-line at www.scribd.com on the science and techniques of rapid detox. Search my name on www.scribd.com to see six articles.
- “Aging and Peripheral Nerve Conduction and Nerve Block” American Society of Anesthesiologists Presentation, Washington DC 1994
2001-2003 University of Phoenix, Las Vegas, Nevada
- MBA (Master of Business Administration), graduated 4/2003
- Concentration in Health Care Management
1990- 1993 University of California at San Diego (UCSD)
- Anesthesiology Residency, graduated June 1993
- Sub-fellowship completed in cardiac anesthesia
1989-1990 Roosevelt Hospital, New York, New York
- Internal Medicine Residency (1 year)
- A teaching hospital of Columbia University School of Medicine
1983-1989 University of the State of New York & Tongji Medical University, Wuhan, China
- MD degree conferred by University of the State of New York
- Graduated from Tongji Medical University with Bachelor of Medicine degree, equivalent to the U.S. MD degree, in 1989
1978-1983 Regents College, The University of the State of New York
- Bachelor of Science degree in Biology